I am standing as an INDEPENDENT candidate for Ramsgate in the Kent County Council elections on May 2nd. If you elect me I will become the first INDEPENDENT candidate to be elected to Kent County Council in living memory. So come on vote for me and lets make history together!I am a fat, bald, middle aged man, married with 3 daughters who I love to bits. I am learning to play the guitar (badly). I love music of all kinds, I like going to the pub and eating curry. I love the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch railway but I am becoming too big to fit in the carriages.
I am a Thanet District Councillor and Chairman of the Council’s Overview and Scrutiny Panel. I am outspoken, have strong opinions and campaign on local issues like
- Calling for the sacking of Pleasurama developers, SFP Ventures UK Ltd, for 10 years of failure and the creation of an “appalling seafront eyesore” in Ramsgate.
- Setting up the campaign to stop “barbaric and cruel” live animal exports from the Port of Ramsgate, which is backed by the RSPCA, Joanna Lumley and Ramsgate MP Laura Sandys
- Setting up a major Council enquiry into the pollution of Thanet’s beaches with raw sewage By Southern Water in 2012.
- Publishing secret documents and being threatened with legal action in my campaign to end Thanet Council’s regime of secrecy
- Speaking out against corruption in public life
- Condemning Thanet Council’s plans to “stuff the pockets" of well-paid managers whilst robbing the lowest paid workers
- Campaigning against national health service cuts in Thanet
For more information about my policies follow this link
I am fighting this election on my own against the Big Party machines. I need all the help I can get. So If you want to help me by delivering leaflets, or perhaps a small donation towards to my election expenses please contact me at email@example.com