Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

FRIENDS OF RAMSGATE SEAFRONT ROCK! PLEASURAMA TREMBLES!

I would like to publically thank friends of Ramsgate Seafront for a magnificent demonstration of lobbying and People Power!

Your efforts and hard work appear to have persuaded Thanet Council to withdraw the sale of the  freehold of the  Pleasurmama site until after the development has been completed.

After almost a year of campaigning against the Rasmsgate Pleasurama development I was beginning to give up hope. Thanks so much. You guys rock!

Not wanting to be a party pooper I am still very concerned about the Pleasurama situation.

SFP still have an 199 year lease on the site and  can technically, under the terms of their agreement with the Council, sit back do nothing until 2017 leaving the people of Ramsgate to live with the appalling eyesore for another 4 years at least.

Also there is still the extremely serious issue of the Flood Risk Assessment and the potential danger to life if the development is ever built.

Last but not least there is the question of the cliff face and the problems that this may cause if the development is built.

Personally I do not believe that SFP will ever complete the development. Over the course of 10 years, they have  proved to be incapable of raising  the finance to complete the work. The have misled and lied to people about their previous experience and there are major concerns about  Swiss and British Virgin Island Links and who actually is behind the development.

Although I am absolutely delighted about today's result and the fantastic job done by FORs,  I will not rest until Thanet Council terminates it agreement with SFP  and kicks them off site. The people of Ramsgate should then be consulted about what they want to see on the site, not what councillors and council officers think people want.

Vote Ian Driver Ramsgate's Independent Voice
For more information about my policies follow this link
http://vote4driver.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-election-manifesto.html
 I am fighting this election on my own against the Big Party machines. I need all the help I can get. So If you want to help me by delivering leaflets, displaying a poster, or perhaps a small donation towards my election expenses please contact me at ianddriver@yahoo.co.uk 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment