Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

THANET'S CLINICAL COMMISSIONERS WHAT ARE THEY HIDING.



I have been writing about what I believe to be significant conflicts of interest on the Governing Board of the Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). It is my opinion that there are serious ethical and probity issues to be addressed especially the fact that at least 5 of the 10 member CCG Board appear to have interests in organisations which might apply to provide goods or services to the CCG. In my book this is not right or ethical.  As part of my efforts to investigate this problem I asked the CCG to provide me with information about the remuneration of the 10 CCG Board Members.

here is the reply

Please advise me of the levels of remuneration paid to members of your Governing Body. 
I believe that this information is exempt from disclosure under Section 22, as this information is intended for future publication. Remuneration paid to members of governing bodies will be published in NHS Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group’s Annual Report later this financial year.

As this is a qualified exemption I have considered whether in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in withholding the information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information. In reaching my conclusion I have considered the need to be open and transparent against disclosing information that may change and has not yet been verified. In all the circumstances of the case I have therefore reached the decision that the public interest in withholding the information in relation to this exemption is greater than disclosing it.

I would suggest that you resubmit your request at the end of July 2013 and I should be in a position to respond to your request then.
I am extremely surprised by this response. At Thanet Council there is a legal requirement to publish the salaries of senior officers and councillors. So why not the CCG? Like Thanet Council they are public body funded by the taxpayer so why should there be different rules about publishing remuneration information?

Does the CCG have something to hide?

I will be appealing this decision with the Information Commissioner.

Vote Ian Driver Ramsgate's Independent Voice
For more information about my policies follow this link

http://vote4driver.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-election-manifesto.html

 I am fighting this election on my own against the Big Party machines. I need all the help I can get. So If you want to help me by delivering leaflets, displaying a poster, or perhaps a small donation towards my election expenses please contact me at ianddriver@yahoo.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment